Re: [TCML] Slow progress.

Since I had mentioned "conical" ... how about a conical secondary?  I saw
this coil in Fry's Electronics and it probably was a life changing
experience.  :)

http://www.ttr.com/Fry-coil.htm

Other than being ridiculously hard to construct, do conical secondaries
offer anything to the tesla coil enthusiast?  Prehaps it is less likely to
strike from topload to the secondary wiring?