RE: [TCML] Slow progress.

The only reason, IMHO, to use a conical primary rather than a flat primary, would be if something about one's primary construction does not allow the secondary to be lowered enough to achieve a desired level of coupling, a conical primary may work out better.  But if a flat primary is designed to permit a wide range of coupling, I can't see any advantage to a conical primary.

That said, I've noticed that most of the DRSSTC's appear to favor conical primaries.  Is this just to permit easier primary tapping?

Regards, Gary Lau
MA, USA