Re: Ignition Coil Power Supply QUestions (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 21 May 2007 00:28:02 +0000
From: drieben@xxxxxxxxxxx
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: drieben@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Ignition Coil Power Supply QUestions (fwd)

Hi Chris,

I would think that an OBIT (oil burner ignition transformer) would
fit the bill a bit better. They are current limited like NSTs and are
generally rated at 6000 volts at around 20 mA. They can definitely
provide more current for capacitor charging than an ignition coil or
even several ignition coils in parallel.

David Rieben