RE: [] conical secondary (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2007 23:09:15 -0500
From: David Thomson <dwt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: 'Tesla list' <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [] conical secondary (fwd)

Hi Bart,

> But, before I stopped, I wanted to show you visually what I
> was thinking. Something like this:
> http://www.classictesla.com/temp/DaveThomson-3.gif

Thanks.  My guess, based upon my own theoretical work, is that such a system
would destroy the potential reaching the topload.  It would be like putting
an inverted cone as a sprinkler nozzle on a hose.  There would be no
pressure at the end, and the fluid would essentially just dribble out.

> It would take some major work to get
> it right on paper (before building), but it's possible.

I would certainly be interested in the results, as it would modify my
thinking considerably if it did work.

Dave