Re: [] conical secondary (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2007 19:13:04 -0700
From: Barton B. Anderson <bartb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [] conical secondary (fwd)

Hi Dave,

My intuition tells me it would work. But, I must try it to truly know. I
think I'm going to build an inverted cone for my flat coil. My place of
work lasers out all kinds of goodies and I know they've produced coned
sheets as well (and have software specific to cones). I think I'll try
to have them laser me one out and weld the seem.

Dr. Tesla had issues with discharges from cylinders carrying voltages to
terminals (the cylinders would breakout prematurely). A cylinder with an
increasing radius should be ideal. The large curvature of the inverted
cone with a small curvature toroid would ensure the toroid is the point
of highest charge grouping, and the entire assembly would serve as the
energy storage capacitance (Cee) as any topload does.

I'll try to figure out a means of modeling an inverted cone topload on
your coil. I'll report back if it works or not. I'll certainly need to
use my other computer (this one crawls). It's a task I'd like to try
regardless. In Javatc, I limit users to 10 topload objects per category
(10 toroids, 10 sphere's, 10 disc's, and 10 cylinders), but that is an
external limitation I personally set (simply due to time waiting for the
program to finish). Paul's Geotc can do as many as you insert. So I have
the capability to bypass my personal set limit. I'm just curious how
long a single run would take (there's only one way to find out).

When I actually perform an L1 to L2 w/L3 as an object and then L2 to L3
w/L1 as an object, I do a lot of runs back and forth until I get
convergence of resonance. It takes a while and is fully manual, but with
enough patience, it can be done.

Take care,
Bart