Re: MIT wireless energy transfer 'breakthrough' now vaunted by Science News ... (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2007 21:06:45 -0500
From: Scott Stephens <radon86@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: MIT wireless energy transfer 'breakthrough' now vaunted by
    Science News ... (fwd)

Tesla list wrote:
> From: Ed Phillips <evp@xxxxxxxxxxx

> E-paper is nonsense
We should know within a year or two. Sounds viable and desirable to me,
especially OLED technology.

> high power SiC MOSFETS have been in use for specialized applications -
> too expensive for commercial work
> Silicon carbide power rectifier diodes are in commercial use and relatively inexpensive.

I suspect SiC switches will make SSTC's more viable as they proliferate.
Ten times the power handling ability.
> Way way off topic!

Not so, not for SSTC's! Recently some were discussing how modern
materials could improve TC's. SiC has the ability to do that.

Scott