Re: MIT wireless energy transfer 'breakthrough' now vaunted by Science News ... (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2007 11:40:36 -0300
From: Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz <acmdq@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: MIT wireless energy transfer 'breakthrough' now vaunted by
    Science News ... (fwd)

Tesla list wrote:
> [...]
They did some things in the "right" way. They used the "local" field,
and not electromagnetic waves,
tried to minimize radiation by operating at relatively low frequencies,
used magnetic and electric
coupling, and demonstrated a carefully measured and simulated system.
Except for the last part,
Tesla had already considered all these aspects. The main problems at
Tesla´s time were that there was
not a suitable application for the low power that can be transmitted
safely with acceptable losses, and,
specially, the huge confusion that remained about what Tesla really
obtained and by which means.

Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz