Re: VTTC grounding issues...

Original poster: Brett Miller <brmtesla2@xxxxxxxxx>

Steve,

Ok, well since I still have the RF ground installed
that I use for my disruptive systems, I will just use
that.  Thanks Steve, Cameron...the small question mark
I had in my subconscious about vttc ground has
disappeared.

This reminds me, I forgot to mention in my responce to
Cameron, that I am not going to use Staccato, at least
not for first light and probably the first few days.
I'll monitor the tube for heating and see if the
breaker pops a lot.  I am using my largest MOT with
the shunts knocked out, and I may be restricted to a
15 amp breaker.  So this might end up strongly
suggesting staccato, especially if I decide I have a
chance at at 30+ inch discharges.

Does anyone have any of those Dan Mccauley Staccato
boards they never used and might want to sell?
Unpopulated though, because I want to become familiar
with that circuit through building it.

-Brett

> Original poster: "Steve Ward" <steve.ward@xxxxxxxxx>
>
> Its not too critical since the peak currents are
> lower.  I just wire
> it all to the house ground, but a "RF" ground would
> be better.  A hole
> in the side of the primary form is ok provided its
> at the very bottom
> (or at least the bottom of the secondary winding).
>
> Steve

Try the Yahoo! Mail Beta.