RE: VTTC grounding issues...

Original poster: Brett Miller <brmtesla2@xxxxxxxxx>

Cameron,

Thank you for your responce...

<SNIP>

>  > another ground related question.  I was thinking
> of
>  > drilling a small opening  next to the base of the
>  > secondary to route the bottom end safely out of
> the
>  > upper tier of the base (my base is 2 level much
> like
>  > Steve Ward's single 833 base).  I should be safe
> from
>  > flashover since the voltage at the bottom of the
>  > secondary is at its lowest point.  Am I sound in
> my
>  > thinking here?
>
> Yes, just don't run the lower end lead of the
> secondary inside the secondary
> form. If you do need to do this, slide in and
> silicone a plastic baffle just
> above the hole you drill. I burned up my v1
> secondary due to arcing inside
> the secondary form.

Perhaps I should include a baffle inside the secondary
form anyway, just beyond the furthest point the plange
reaches after the secondary has been plugged in.

In another issue, I noticed you glued an
anti-flashover ring on top of the primary form, just
above the feedback coil.  I think I will include that
in mine, since I have decided to test your extreme
separation of feedback and primary hypothesis.  Didn't
you say you had a flashover problem between the top of
the feedback coil and the middle of the secondary for
a while?

-Brett

> Good luck,
> Cameron