RE: My VTTC fun begins...

Original poster: "Cameron B. Prince" <cplists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

> Hey, the nice thing about those is that they are
> variable too, so they could be adjusted to accomodate
> a variety of tube types and coil configurations.  I
> plan on getting my hands on a few vacuum caps as well
> for that same purpose.  I would have a coil that could
> be rapidly tweaked to try out new tubes.

The vacuum caps are worthless... They can't handle the current and actually
reduce output. I tried 3 different types and you can see one in my v1 VTTC I
believe. This is also why the smaller doorknob caps don't work as well as
the large micas. They just don't handle the current as well.

> There is a hamfest coming up I believe Feb 25, which
> is usually huge and has tons of components available
> for cheap, plus you can trade and haggle.  If that
> doesn't yield the resistors I need, I will order those
> rheostats.  A months is just a long time to wait when
> I have every other component I need.  We'll just have
> to see how it goes.  Thanks for the info.

Which hamfest are you speaking of?

Thanks,
Cameron