Re: Ball Lightning from high-amp discharge

It's good to know they didn't. Although similar in some ways, I doubt seriously that ball lightning formed in nature could form as they did in the lab. Tesla could supposedly conjure it up at will and it never involved silicon that I know of. Dr. Resonance's recount seemed to have nothing to do with silicon either....at least not as the ball itself, unless it was contained in the steel and literally ripped off the surface.
Mike"

As I've said before, I believe the term "glowing balls" or "balls of light" is more indicative of the [probably multiple] phenomena involved. Not sure what the definition of lightning may be but certainly anything associated with running a TC is "unnatural" while lightning is "natural". Lumping unlike things together under a common name can only bring confusion. If you've ever watched the operation of a steel foundary you've seen plenty of globs of white-hot metal bouncing around in the manner often ascribed to "ball lightning" but they are in no way electrical in nature or associated with "lightning".

Ed