Re: Tesla ray gun

Original poster: FIFTYGUY@xxxxxxx In a message dated 1/18/07 7:06:36 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, tesla@xxxxxxxxxx writes:

>Is there anyone working on coils in Norfolk Va. Area

Ken, I'm in Va Beach. There's a younger guy out in Chesapeake, but he's working on mostly other low-powered high voltage stuff. I occasionally buy odds and ends, like MOT's or flybacks off him. I got into Tesla coils in high school (20 years ago). I've built a couple of medium-sized coils recently. Latest one is a Blake-propeller SRSG on a 6" form. I've got a 10kVA pole pig for a big coil. I just bought the G-10 and a taper-lock bushing to fab the big SRSG, I've already got big tungsten rods and a synch-modded 3/4 HP motor. I think the SISG is really the best setup so far for a bulletproof coil. I'm thinking hard about setting my pig to 7.2kV, and running the coil as a big SISG one. I'm also working on a large Marx generator, using some surplus radar filter caps. I've got some other high-energy projects in the works, including a 50kV DC cap. Buddy of mine here in Va Beach has a pair of smaller caps that he used to do quarter-shrinking with. I've been up to the TCBOR/HEAS meetings in Richmond at Rich Hull's place a coupla times. Fascinating stuff, no matter what the topics are.

-Phil LaBudde