RE: Laser guided Tesla Coil :>)

Original poster: gary350@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

>Original poster: "S&JY" <youngs@xxxxxxxxx>
>
>Except a long trailing wire would quickly detune the secondary and spoil the
>fun.  I think a jet of Argon would be more interesting.
>--Steve Y.

If you do not attach the wire to the top load it will not detune the TC. Let the arcs jump several inches to a #24 wire. The longer the arc from the TC to the wire the higher the voltage is on the wire. You can get sparks anywhere along the wire even several 100 feet away. It makes a great electric fence. I had a teanage kid that kept taking a short cut across my yard and climbing over my fence. He had the fence all smashed down I kept fixing the fence the next day it was smashed again. I told the kid stay off the fence but he didn't. After getting the you know what shocked out of him on my booby trap he got the idea.

I have a large cap bank 3 caps in parallel 5K volt DC high energy storage caps rated 18K amps each. I run a #24 wire 100 ft to an insulator and back to the cap bank. I discharge the cap bank into the wire loop and it vaporizes the wire. I looks like a light strike parallel to the ground and sounds like someone shot off a high powered rifle, BOOM. Losts of fun especially on the 4th of July.