Re: primary coil stand off construction question.

Hi Adam,

I recently used a router to channel runners. I simply clamped down a jig (fence) to set the gap between edge of runner and center of router bit. I installed the router under a table with the bit sticking up through a hole in the table. I personally like a router mounted to a large wooden table rather than a store bought router table. I made a few setup runs to get the the channel depth and fence gap correct and then quickly channeled all the runners without a glitch. Using this same technique, I can see how the router (with correct bit) would be a decent method for cutting acrylic. But, I haven't tried it with acrylic yet, so I will take your experience into account.

Take care,
Bart

Tesla list wrote:

Original poster: Yurtle Turtle <yurtle_t@xxxxxxxxx>

I tried using my router table, but didn't have much
luck. I also tried my radial arm saw, but the yoke had
more slop than I wanted. My supports were 3/8" thich
and my tubing was also 3/8". My problem was in moving
the supports into the bit on my router table. I
couldn't get the slots to be perpendicular, no matter
how many times I tried. Were you using a plunge
router?

Adam

It's here! Your new message!