RE: 18" sparks at 2KVA

Original poster: "Cameron B. Prince" <cplists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi Brett,

First of all, thanks for the compliments on my work... As for the MOT's and
their wiring, I was lucky enough to have about 30 MOT's donated to my
project last year. I've tried about every connection combination you can
think of with two of them in my VTTC. I've knocked the shuts out of some of
them also.

Hands down, the best results are using two MOT's with their outputs in
series, inputs in parallel with the shunts left in. Running this same
configuration with the shunts removed only increases current draw with
essentially the same output.

I used a skinny clip lead at first, but as you slow the pulse rate, the
sparks begin to leap off the electrode somewhat sideways. If you look
closely in the later spark photos, you'll see I have an aluminum plate about
2.5 feet long and 8 inches wide suspended from my ceiling on a rig that
allows me to adjust its height above the coil.

Cameron