[TCML] Re: Spark gap Resistance

Hi Bart,

I didn't take stock of the # of envelopes, pre and post-op.
From looking at secondary currents I seem to remember 2 to 3 beats.

Soon I'll probably be performing some design optimization exercises using the 120L as a guinea pig [Csec mapping, COMSOL verification] so can tell you # of envelopes then. GL

From: "Barton B. Anderson" <bartb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [TCML] Re: Spark gap Resistance

Hi Greg,

When you increased the primary impedance on the system, were there energy transfer measurements made before and after? For quite a while now, I've considered the secondary's ability to do something with the energy provided is what determines what the impedance of the primary needs to be for best efficiency of the system.

It appears to me that by increasing the primary impedance, you've given the secondary the time to do something with that energy. This in turn results in less recursive energy flows and greater efficiency in the primary and secondary circuits.

Take care,
Bart