RE: [TCML] Q,,question { litz wire }

j   [is that your real name?]

You say (or others say ?) litz wire can't be tapped.

I understand that the function of litz wire is to reduce the skin affect
resistance to high frequency current.  I am guessing that a solder clump
which fuses the bundle of litz wires together at any particular point on the
litz wire will appear as a small resistor in series to high frequency
current flowing through the wire.  And this current should pass through none
the worse, except for the calculable resistance effects.   So why
couldn't/shouldn't it be tapped?

Regards,

Al Erpel

PA, USA, 18901