Sent: Wednesday, December 05, 2007 6:53 PM
Subject: Re: [TCML] Q,,question

Hi Paul,

I would expect higher losses due to proximity currents. Most primary's have a good deal of spacing minimizing those currents, but if we were to bundle everything together, those particular losses would certainly increase. So in that respect, I think the single copper mass is more efficient.

Take care,
Bart

Paul Bidmead wrote:

Gents

I may be stabbing in the dark but i have a theory to share with you all

with my experience with high frequency power supplies and with skin effect prevalent would it feasible to use multi-filar enamel wire for the primary that being said would it not be wise to use lets say around 10 - 12 strands of 0.8mm dia or whatever is needed to get same approximate copper cross section required therefore the skin effect is reduced to a percentage or each strand rather than a percentage of a single copper mass

not sure if i explained it clearly but my 2c worth anyway