Re: Ganging Variacs (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2007 20:53:22 -0600 (MDT)
From: Chip Atkinson <chip@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Ganging Variacs (fwd)

Man, I have to agree with Dave.  You can get a decent arc welder on ebay.
I use a lincoln AC-225.  I have it wired in series and put a plug on the
outside of the power cabinet.  On top of it all I have an arc welder!

My feeling is that why wreck either a good variac or a good welder when
you can set things up so you can preserve both?

The arc welders on ebay are around $100-200 and shipping seems to max out
at $55.99.

Looking on ebay, variacs are at least that.

Chip