RE: Laser and tesla coil (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2007 16:05:01 -0400
From: Aron Koscho <kc5uto@xxxxxx>
To: 'Tesla list' <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: Laser and tesla coil (fwd)

Tomas,

The people that have done this did indeed use very powerful systems.
Aside from all the technical problems associated with "aiming" HV there
is one obvious issue: the laser can cause at least as much damage as the
tesla coil. Keep in mind the size of a tesla coil that is require to
seriously injure a human and all the logistical issues associated with
systems that large (i.e. Grounding, power, size, mobility). Generally
you'd be lucky to fit a system with usable range (100'?) in a school
bus.

As far as doing your self goes no one that I know of has yet to pull off
laser guide hv in their garage. The equipment required is just too
expensive/complex.

-Aron