Re: Laser and tesla coil (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2007 06:49:54 -0500
From: BunnyKiller <bunnikillr@xxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Laser and tesla coil (fwd)

Hi Tomas,

the US military has tried it and a couple of private companies has had
some results that seemed to work.  Although the amount of power required
for the laser to propely ionize the air is emmence ( 10,000's of watts
needed   yes tens of thousands). The main problem encountered with this
combination is that the extreme voltages produced by the T- Coil also
work their way back to the laser, causing problems that limit the life
time of the laser. So far only very short range ( about 50 feet) was at
best accomplished. The divergence of the laser beam limits long range
effectiveness.

SD