Re: insulator query (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2006 02:59:17 +0800
From: Peter Terren <pterren@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: insulator query

I have already offered my expertise as a qualified physician with extensive
HV experience that is very close to you locally in Australia. I am however
getting a vibe that this is fringe science. The question you pose is a
strange one to ask in isolation and doesn't make a lot of sense on the
information you have given. Tesla circuits for a typical coil run at much
lower frequencies and there are no ferromagnets in a normal coil. I am not
even sure what you mean by a ferromagnet.  Could it be simple iron or
AlNiCo, ferrite or Neodymium iron boron?
Insulating material? Air is the best. Nothing is going to "insulate" a Tesla
type discharge properly from another nearby conductor due to simple
capacitative effects at 17MHz. And if it is not a conductor then it doesn't
need insulation.

Cheers Peter
http://tesladownunder.com
pterren@xxxxxxxxxxxx