RE: Lincoln Welders - Differences Between AC-225 Versions ?

Original poster: Yurtle Turtle <yurtle_t@xxxxxxxxx>

Could be just the age. I was told that they changed
from copper to aluminum windings a while back.

Mine has copper:

http://www.hot-streamer.com/adam/bigass_coil/welder.jpg

http://www.hot-streamer.com/adam/bigass_coil/welder2.jpg

If you'll notice, the second image is a schematic that
shows the model number as AC-225-S. Perhaps the "S"
means something? Maybe ask the seller to photograph
the spec plate, visible in your first photo, and send
it to you.