Re: PIRANHA - New Top Load Configuration

Original poster: Finn Hammer <f-h@xxxx>

Well, on second thought, there is the rectifier which I forgot for a moment.
This changes my reply fom _sure_ to _perhaps_-

Interesting idea.

Cheers, Finn Hammer

Tesla list skrev:
Original poster: Finn Hammer <f-h@xxxx>
Gerry,
Sure, a zero crossing detector on the line, followed by a 0-10mS (0-8.33333mS) delay oneshot would do that nicely.
Cheers, Finn Hammer
Tesla list skrev:
Hi Finn,
A triggered SISG is a promising development. If it can be made to work on AC voltage, the SISG may be able to replace the SRSG and take advantage of the inductive kick for the next and oposite AC cycle that allows an SRSG to charge a larger capacitance. Comments???
Gerry R.

Original poster: Finn Hammer <f-h@xxxx>
Terry, all,
The triggered SISG is both voltage controllable and breakrate controlled.
The SCR bridges 7 out of 8 SIDAC elements (There
are 2 in each package) and therefore
the breakdown of one section is from 135 volts and up to 1080 Volts.
With a resistor limited supply, it will therefore run at 135 volts,
whereas a choke controlled supply will run along from 270Volts.
At any voltage between these limits, the breakrate can be varied from 1
shot up to 1250BPS in my case.
Really this is a question of how fast you can charge the capacitor. With
infinitely fast recharge it can hit 5000BPS with it`s 200µS quench time.
Chees, Finn Hammer

Tesla list skrev:
Hi Peter,
A triggered circuit like Finn describes in his "Taming the SISG" post is more timing controlled than voltage controlled. If the voltage is controlled say with a MOT though a variac, then you cold basically control the coil's power with the variac. You can also control the BPS in that case too! So with power and BPS control the issue is solved.
In my case, I have just gotten used to it - sort off :o))
Cheers,
        Terry