Thanks- RSG disc attachment to shaft

Hi Gerry and Scott,

I just wanted to thank you guys for explaining the split taper
bushing setup to me. I "think" I'm starting to see the picture
now ;^)) The split taper bushing itself is obviously the "male"
part of the hub assembly but you also need a "female" re-
captacle for it that actually goes over the male part and tightens
down very tighly on the shaft as you tighten down the bolts
through the female half of the hub, through matching holes
in the rotary disc and finally into tapped holes of the male
half of the hub that goes over the shaft. That's it, isn't it? Like
I said before, my particualr setup uses only the "male" half of
the bushing to fasten the disc to and  there are 2 drilled and
tapped holes through the wall of the bushing through which a
set screw is screwed down through each of the 2 tapped holes
to the ractangular key that is lodged in the keyway hole of the
shaft. This may not be conventional but it has held my RSG
disc in place rock solid for me so far and I suspect that it will
probably continue to do so for the 4 to 6 times per year that I
fire off my coil.

David Rieben