To: <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, May 18, 2006 4:07 PM
Subject: the best spark gap?

Original poster: "Drake Schutt" <>
Hey all,
Assuming a 12kv/120ma NST bank and a .03 uf 35 KV cap, is there any sort of consensus as to what the most efficient sort of gap would be for this (medium-ish?) configuration? There's sucker gaps, blower gaps, single static gaps, multi static gaps, rotary gaps, RQ gaps, etc. I was thinking about a RQ style gap with a vacuum or leaf blower for quenching or maybe using some tungsten carbide dremel bits also air quenched. Any ideas?
Thanks,
Drake