From: Tesla list [mailto:tesla@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, December 29, 2006 12:29 PM
To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Beryllium Oxide

Original poster: Mike <megavolts61@xxxxxxxxx>

Hi Godfrey,  all,
    I would not be terribly concerned about those insulators, but as
Gerry says,  don't do anything to make dust....if you need to saw or
file them(can't imagine why you would), do it under water or at least
with water running over them.  It wouldn't hurt to wear latex gloves
too.   Here's a link that makes it sound pretty scary....I sure would
not breathe the dust.   Mike

<http://www.jlab.org/ehs/manual/EHSbook-604.html>http://www.jlab.org/ehs/man
ual/EHSbook-604.html

Hi Godfrey,

I suspect there is no problem as long as it remains in ceramic
form.  Just dont powderize it and breathe it in.
Dont know what the insulating properties are of beryllium oxide.

Gerry R