RE: Beryllium Oxide

Original poster: Mike <megavolts61@xxxxxxxxx>

There IS a disposal issue, because you don't really want to poison
the poor guys crushing your garbage in the truck.
Jim could be right there....although I doubt they'd crush...there is still the possibility and that would just depend on how you feel. I have worked in sevaral laboratories and one day, the janitor came up to me extremely worried....in the lab next to mine, they were sampling something with MTBE in it(gasoline oxygen additive for those who wonder). His eyes were tearing and red and he was near gasping for air. It seems the person doing the analysis was pipetting sample then simply tossing the used pipets into the trash....when the janitor pulled the liner out...he inadvertantly compressed it, blowing the residual MTBE right into his face. He was ok...and I created a stink the next day and from that point on...the used pipets were kept under a fume hood until thoroughly dried........ Things can happen....I've handled a lot of those BeO insulators...they are common in microwave ovens and other similar uses. Just have to be sensible about it all.
Mike