Re: Off Shore MMC capacitor specimens (fwd)

Moderated and approved by: Gerry Reynolds <greynolds@xxxxxxxxxx>

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 25 Dec 2006 11:04:10 -0700
From: resonance <resonance@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Off Shore MMC capacitor specimens (fwd)

The STKs do hold up well, even in commercial museum service.  I like the
larger physical size of the Cornell Dubliers brand --- in most electronic
applications more physical size equates to more surface area to help
dissipate heat.  In capacitors it usually also implies better margins on the
dielectric-foil edges where most failures tend to occur especially with RF
duty.

I think another quarter or so buys good piece of mind.  It's worth it.

Dr. Resonance