RE: 47uf 240vdc capacitor (fwd)

Bought my caps thanks for the help.
Gates

-------Original Message-------

Date: 12/25/06 10:08:58
Subject: RE: 47uf 240vdc capacitor (fwd)

Moderated and approved by: Gerry Reynolds <greynolds@xxxxxxxxxx>

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sun, 24 Dec 2006 16:30:55 -0800
From: Jim Mora <jmora@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: 'Tesla list' <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>

Hi Matt,

I'm not sure what the application is, but perhaps 3 in parallel would work
better. Many caps have a 20% tolerance. If a cap checker is available, I
would imagine measuring 5 different ones would get closer to the infield.
$5.00 is cheap for 5 run caps! If closer tolerance is required I would
either look to series parallel some or order a cap from the numerous sources
most of us know.  I don't remember the company someone posted here; but,
they had thousands or run caps cheap. Unlike start caps they have generally
a longer lifetime and thus are worth recycling.

Best Regards,
Jim Mora