Re: Wire Length (fwd)

Moderated and approved by: Gerry Reynolds <greynolds@xxxxxxxxxx>

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sun, 24 Dec 2006 08:48:20 -0700
From: resonance <resonance@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Wire Length (fwd)

Perhaps this failure mode in the last turn is being caused by the sudden
loss of inter-electrode capacitance, very similar to the suddenly high
potential rise above the last turn in a classic vertical secondary inductor.
This causes the sudden potential rise and the corona off the last turn in an
inductor that does not have adequate electrostatic field control such as a
toroid.

This same fault mode is the same reason flyback manufacturers always slowly
diminish the number of turns in their outmost windings, usually down to 85%
less windings in the last layer and 50% less windings in the adjacent lower
layer.

Dr. Resonance