Resistors for GT4AWD (fwd)

Moderated and approved by: Gerry Reynolds <greynolds@xxxxxxxxxx>

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sat, 23 Dec 2006 11:22:58 -0600
From: Rich & DJ <rdj@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Resistors for GT4AWD

 I was helping a new coil person and we seem to have lost contact , I
hope I can get back in touch with GT4AWD , he was asking about bleeders
and since he only needs a few, I have a few extra.

Rich , from the middle of Missouri

I have one question for you, do you have the bleeder resistors ??  If
not I think I have some I can send you for free. The resistors go across
the leads of the cap like your first sketch. Also some call for 10meg
watt, you might find them a little short, I use 2  watt 4.7 meg end to
end , winds up the same resistance and power but longer.

Rich

To: Rich & DJ
Subject: [RE]MMC Chart

Hey rich, I also have no electrical background and am not an engineer or
anything special. I know it is going to take a lot to finish this coil,
but I need a good challenge, and I really enjoy learning about
electricity. I didnt know much about electricity, just the normal high
school stuff, but recently I have been learning a lot. When using my
transformer I try to be as safe as possible. Thanks for the good
information on the spark gaps and capacitors. I have a question about
the bleed resistors for the capacitors. Should they be placed across
both leads of a single capacitor, right? I am confused because I looked
at a MMC setup with the resistors connecting the capacitors. Heres what
I am talking about.

Across leads - I think this is the right way.

Connecting capacitors - Maybe it was a differnt kind of resistor?

I hope that shows right on your side. Agian thanks for all the help.