Re: Wire Length (fwd)

Moderated and approved by: Gerry Reynolds <greynolds@xxxxxxxxxx>

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2006 18:03:12 -0800
From: Barton B. Anderson <bartb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Wire Length (fwd)

Paul Wrote:

>Confirmed with GeoTC. Ldc and Cdc are OK but the equivalent
>reactances and Fres are way off - over 10% out on Fres, that's
>way too much error, there must be a fault somewhere.
>I'll go away and fix it.
>
>Meanwhile, thanks for the primary info.  I can do something
>with that.
>
>I'm wondering about the effect of a center terminal.  On a
>solenoid, toploading flattens out the current distribution,
>making life easier as far as concentrations of voltage gradient
>are concerned.  Presumably that's the case with the spiral too.
>We'll have to run some more simulations.  What are your plans
>for a center terminal?

Both primary and topload were based on the center ground case (I didn't
think about the rim grounded case). The topload effect on distribution
are vastly different between the two. Although I can adjust tuning, I
would really like to be in the 2 turn range and not the 1 turn range. I
really don't want to adjust the MMC down if possible. But there will be
a trade off likely in both L and C actual to keep this config.

For the topload, I am planning on a 2" cylinder rising 10" up from the
center of the secondary. This cylinder will feed a 5" sphere sitting on
top of the cylinder. That has been my model with the center grounded
configuration where Fr was lower. Now that the rim grounded scheme is
realized (and was mechanical intention) the frequency will be higher and
the topload effect on distribution is drastically minimized from the
previous model. I might be able go with a larger sphere for increased
distribution. You may note that coupling is near 0.4, which is much
higher than a classic helical coil. This is solely based on a coilers
instinct for this particular geometry.

Take care,
Bart