Re: Wire Length (fwd)

Original poster: Gerry Reynolds <greynolds@xxxxxxxxxx>

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2006 13:09:19 GMT
From: Paul Nicholson <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Wire Length (fwd)

Bart wrote:

> [fantc] numbers are quite a bit off from your sim software.
> Ex; [rim grounded] Lee came out to 7.5mH, 495kHz.

Confirmed with GeoTC. Ldc and Cdc are OK but the equivalent
reactances and Fres are way off - over 10% out on Fres, that's
way too much error, there must be a fault somewhere.
I'll go away and fix it.

Meanwhile, thanks for the primary info.  I can do something
with that.

I'm wondering about the effect of a center terminal.  On a
solenoid, toploading flattens out the current distribution,
making life easier as far as concentrations of voltage gradient
are concerned.  Presumably that's the case with the spiral too.
We'll have to run some more simulations.  What are your plans
for a center terminal?

--
Paul Nicholson