Re: oscilloscope.. (fwd)

Original poster: Gerry Reynolds <greynolds@xxxxxxxxxx>

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2006 07:36:36 -0700
From: S&JY <youngsters@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: oscilloscope.. (fwd)

Chip,

My advise would be to contact Radio Amateurs (Hams) in your area and let
them know you would like to buy a used scope.  Or attend a Hamfest and look
for one.  Usually the only difference between a new and used scope is a few
dozen hours of on-time.  10  mHz bandwidth is plenty for most coiling
applications.  100 mHz let's you see rise and fall times better. 2 channels
is helpful to correlate two different signals.

Hosfelt sells inexpensive scope probes.  So does Jameco, but they are a bit
more expensive.

--Steve Young