Re: question on rf ground (fwd)

Original poster: Gerry Reynolds <greynolds@xxxxxxxxxx>

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2006 17:53:54 -0800
From: Barton B. Anderson <bartb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: question on rf ground (fwd)

I've had this occur on a small coil that was rather high in frequency
and sensitive to a grounding. It only took a matter of tuning the coil
when grounded. However, let me clarify that the grounding I used was a
counterpoise and not a rod ground. The counterpoise changed the external
C and thus required a little tuning. The reason the primary changed
tuning is that the primary LC circuit had very little L. So a slight
change in frequency made a considerable change in primary inductance.

Take care,
Bart