RE: 50A 250V connectors (fwd)

Original poster: Gerry Reynolds <greynolds@xxxxxxxxxx>

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2006 18:28:21 +0000
From: Sparktron01@xxxxxxxxxxx
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: 50A 250V connectors (fwd)

From: "Tesla list" <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
> Original poster: Gerry Reynolds <greynolds@xxxxxxxxxx>

Another connector that I have personally used at work is manufactured by Meltric

http://www.meltric.com/

Negatives:  It is expensive, limited suppliers

Positives:
Plant Engineering 2004 Product of the Year'

Is UL listed for load break, make (is a power disconnector [non-fused safety switch
and plug/socket combo] ), rated for up to 100kA short circuit ratings (not a typo)

True dead front design on female (powered) components..

Can be keyed uniquely to prevent "cross connections"

250V and 600V rated components, high current available.

Typical uses include welders, motor (T' connections), marine applications.
Excellent product, much much safer then a pin and sleve or twist-lock connector
(twist-locks have been BANNED at our work, there have been injuries and
equipment damage by "arc-flash" when plugging into a load hot).

Meltric connectors are in-fact designed to do precisely that.

Used 250V, 30A and 60A assemblies at work, which would cover 90%+
of work on this list.

Regards
Dave Sharpe, TCBOR/HEAS
Chesterfield, VA. USA