Re: Wire Length (fwd)

Original poster: Gerry Reynolds <greynolds@xxxxxxxxxx>

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2006 07:32:57 GMT
From: Paul Nicholson <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Wire Length

Jared wrote:

> Yes we tune all of our coils to be driven at the wire length.

Some clarification may be appropriate here concerning Jared's
typically illicid posts.

a) Jared is using toroidal coils, not solenoids, so he may have
   more justification than the rest of us for beginning all his
   arithmetic with the formula for an infinite solenoid.

b) Jared has never actually measured the operating frequency
   of his coils, so all this stuff about resonating at the
   'wirelength frequency' is all supposition.

c) Jared believes that there are two types of resonance, LC and
   wirelength, ie there are four independent energy storage
   mechanisms in the coil, rather than just the two known to
   physics.

--
Paul Nicholson