New to list (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2006 10:15:02 +0800
From: westland <westland@xxxxxx>
To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: New to list

I've just signed on to the list and wanted to forward a quick thanks to
all of the members who have contributed to the list.  I've spend hours
looking  back through old posts on this site  familiarizing myself with
the electronics or Tesla coils ... I'm about 70% of the way through
building a medium sized coil (my first ...SRSG, 15kv 30ma NST, Terry
Fritz' filter, 20 deg conical primary,  4"x22" secondary, 5x16" toroid
by John Freau). I used TeslaMap for parameters, and am still working on
the SRSG oriental sync motor and G-11 rotor with tungsten points (plus a
pair of Quick Gaps which I understand are easier to use, so maybe I'll
start with these ... I have the PVC and copper pipe sections cut, so
just a matter of assembly).   It should be nice when I  complete, but
I'm taking each  item a step at a time to make sure I stay safe (and
don't blow any NSTs or other parts).

The list has been a goldmine of data, and it's nice to trod where others
have already done the heavy lifting.

Chris Westland, Hong Kong

--

J. Christopher Westland, PhD CPA
Professor, ISMT, University of Science & Technology, HK Clearwater Bay,Kowloon, Hong Kong