Re: Can anyone diagnose problems with our coil? (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2006 17:23:59 -0800
From: chipford@xxxxxxxxxxxx
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Can anyone diagnose problems with our coil? (fwd)

this is probably not great advice but..I have a small coil in my apartment
that i ground with a sink full of water with a stainless steel ashtray
submerged on one end connected to the bottom of my secondary on the
other..I have achieves 20"-24" sparks w/(3) NST attached. 12-14" sparks w/
(1) 15k30ma transformer.... The coil is a 3" secondary pvc w/22ga. wire
Also, how much gap do you have.  The cap seem large to me also...I'm new
too...