Re: Tesla first start up problems. (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2006 12:25:50 EST
From: Esondrmn@xxxxxxx
To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Tesla first start up problems. (fwd)

Trevor,

Your primary and secondary are not in tune.  I made some wild guesses  about
some details that you did not provide and calculate that you need about  .015
ufd of primary capacitance with the primary tap set at turn 10 and .00755  ufd
with the primary tap set at turn 14.  I believe beer bottle caps only  yield
about 600 to 700 pf each.  So, at most you have only .0042 ufd with  six
bottles.  You need to at least double this and even then it will  just barely be in
tune using the full primary.  Instead of adding six  more bottles, it would
be better to add about 10 to allow room on the primary  for tuning.

Ed Sonderman

In a message dated 12/10/2006 12:09:17 PM Pacific Standard Time,