RE: Drilling Gazing Balls (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2006 09:08:07 -0600
From: Rich & DJ <rdj@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: 'Tesla list' <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: Drilling Gazing Balls (fwd)

I will look into other mounts, thin SS can be a problem to drill. I
spent many years in a research lab before retiring. The only non-heat
treated material I had a problem drilling was in the inconel family, but
if my mount is vertical and not horizontal like Terry's the stress won't
be as high. I might try to do 4 2/56 holes and use a BNC 4 hole mount. I
also was not planning on dragons so I will lose out on the coolness
factor.

Rich