Re: Cap Formulas (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sat, 9 Dec 2006 21:00:47 -0700
From: S&JY <youngsters@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Cap Formulas (fwd)

NO, NO, NO!  Mylar is only suitable for DC and low frequency (e.g. 60 Hz
AC).  It is totally unsuitable for RF applications and will fail quickly.
Please save yourself from a lot of work followed by a disastrous ending by
not using Mylar!

I strongly recommend you consider instead making a capacitor (MMC) of a few
paralleled strings of series connected commercial polypropylene (snubber)
capacitors.  The archives are full of information about MMCs.
--Steve Y.