Re: Fiberglass/plastic threaded rod and HV wire (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sat, 9 Dec 2006 20:52:22 -0700
From: S&JY <youngsters@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Fiberglass/plastic threaded rod and HV wire (fwd)

Joanathan,

If you go to any neon sign company, they should be able to give or sell you
a few feet of their HV wire.  There are a couple of types:  One is designed
more for outdoor use and is rather stiff; the other is more flexible and
better suited for indoor use.  As I remember, the last I bought was about a
dollar a foot.

You can also make your own by enclosing some 14 gauge wire with clear vinyl
tubing which you can get at a hardware store such as Home Depot or Lowes.

As for threaded rod, try McMaster-Carr - they seem to have just about
everything one can imagine, although their prices are a bit on the high
side.
--Steve Y.