Re: Dave's ball terminal arc pics

Hi Dave,

Hey, forgot to say thanks for sending your specs to the list. Just curious, have you actually measured the frequency? If so, please let me know what you measured.

Thanks and take care,
Bart

Tesla list wrote:

Original poster: "david baehr" <dfb25@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi Bart

I think this coil has only average performace . I've read of coilers getting as much or more spark from much less input, but here are da specs:

Power: 1.5kva,single bushing baby pig (piglet ? ) run at approx 3kw with homemade ballast

Caps: TCBOR rolled poly in oil ,approx .028 mfd

Pri: 1/4" ccopper tubing , 12 turns total, taped at 11.25 turns ,(first turn 1.5" space from sec. coil)

Sec: 4" pvc wound with # 26 wire ,23.5" winding length ( first turn and pri coil even hight)

Gap: Static type,1" copper pipe ,cooled by two muffin fans

Top Load:  four 8" steel balls , outer most edges at 26" apart

Max spark length:  Unknown ,. 5'   ???

I did try a rotary gap months ago, output was better, but didnt run very smooth, had some secondary breakout/racing arcs , I did shock da wife though :-( , need more testing in this area..............