Re: Solid state Voltage multiplyer and TesLa coils

Original poster: "resonance" <resonance@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

This will not work with a Tesla coil. You need an iron core xmfr for a power source. It might work if you to the trouble of rectifying the AC and charging a cap, but then you run into problems with the fact that DC is much harder to "quench" in the spark gap than AC is.

Dr. Resonance

I have bought a item advertised as a "15kv 20mA Transformer for use with HV experiments Tesla - Lasers etc "

I have not got it yet but, have been informed that it is a solid state voltage multiplier ( 240 v in at 50 HZ 15kv out at 20 Hz) and not an iron core transformer