Dispose of pole pig on Long Island?

Original poster: Charles Brush <cfbrush@xxxxxxx>

Hi all,

I have a 14.4kV double bushing pole pig I fried several years ago and I am wondering how to get rid of it. It came from T&R and is like new outside...it just is internally shorted. I have the non-PCB certificate for it and am just wondering how you get rid of something like this. I don't have a pickup truck or anything to move it with. Any thoughts?

Alternately if there are any coilers on Long Island who might like to try to fix this pig they are welcome to it, and I'd throw in a little 14.4kV potential transformer I bought from Bill Wysock long ago to make it more worthwhile. The pig could make a pretty neat base for a jacob's ladder or something even if it turns out to be unfixable.

Zap!

Charles Brush
http://www.ElectricMuseum.com