From: Tesla list [mailto:tesla@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Sunday, September 25, 2005 4:38 AM
To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Secondary coil mounting

Original poster: "tmoore" <tmoorezz@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hey Dirk,

    Yea this is fine under one condition, YOU MUST use Plexiglas
baffles cemented at end on the inside diameter. If you don't the arks
will ground thought your secondary burning  it up,(which has happend
to me) and don't ever route the wire through the inside. I use the
basically the same method, I use two 3/4"s wood disks one measures to
the inerdiamiter, and the other one is to the out diameter of the
pipe . Glue them together and drill and tap for 1/2" threaded rod.
once your done with that glue 1/4" thick plexi to the bottom of it
the same size as the inerdiamiter. after that drill and tap for a
1/4" threaded rod through the side, of the one that measures to the
outside diameter, and tighten down to the center where the 1/2"
thread rod is. You can either glue them in place or us 1/4" nylon
screws, and repeat for the bottom of the secondary. this method is
quite efficient and secondary are easy and quick to mount to ground and
toroid.

Peace,
Nolan Moore