Re: Secondary coil mounting

Original poster: "tmoore" <tmoorezz@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hey Dirk,

Yea this is fine under one condition, YOU MUST use Plexiglas baffles cemented at end on the inside diameter. If you don't the arks will ground thought your secondary burning it up,(which has happend to me) and don't ever route the wire through the inside. I use the basically the same method, I use two 3/4"s wood disks one measures to the inerdiamiter, and the other one is to the out diameter of the pipe . Glue them together and drill and tap for 1/2" threaded rod. once your done with that glue 1/4" thick plexi to the bottom of it the same size as the inerdiamiter. after that drill and tap for a 1/4" threaded rod through the side, of the one that measures to the outside diameter, and tighten down to the center where the 1/2" thread rod is. You can either glue them in place or us 1/4" nylon screws, and repeat for the bottom of the secondary. this method is quite efficient and secondary are easy and quick to mount to ground and toroid.

Peace,
Nolan Moore