Re: Racing Sparks

Original poster: BunnyKiller <bunikllr@xxxxxxx>

the relation of the secondary/primary height has a major part in this role.... try raising the secondary just above the primary coil and se if that helps....

Scot D

Tesla list wrote:

Original poster: tesla popp <teslas_lab@xxxxxxxxx>

I just set up my "Devian" coil. This coil was originally designed to be very small and powerful. the problem is that i cant even power it up 15% without the sparks racing across the secondaries surface. I have 5 coats of poly on it already. I also played with to toroid in some failed attempt to fix the problem.

How can i get sparks to stop racing across the
surface?